SULA - Sustainability and Love for Arts
Sea Cable Hall
SULA - SUSTAINABILITY AND LOVE FOR ARTS
11.-12.10.2017, Sea Cable Hall, Cable Factory
MELTING POT OF CREATIVE THINKING!
SULA - Sustainability and Love for Arts is a new event for creative work and business and it is organized for the first time on 11-12th October at the Cable Factory. The word SULA means ”melt” in Finnish and it describes the event’s goal to melt ideas into new forms of creative thinking and working. SULA professional festival will bring together the makers of art, creative entrepreneurs and their intermediaries and business support experts.
The theme of SULA are the stories of survival: how can an artist or creative person crystallize his talent into a sustainable way of livelihood? The speakers in SULA conference will be central names of the global creative economy hub and business innovators and we’ll bring in inspiring case studies.
The organizers of SULA are Cable Factory, AVEK the Promotion Center for Audiovisual Production, City of Helsinki, Creative and Inclusive Finland funded by European Social Fund, Tekes, the Art and Culture Professionals’ Trade Union TAKU ry and Creative lenses, funded by Creative Europe program.
THE IDEA OF SULA
- The idea of SULA is to provide creative talents a space to meet peers and get new influences, but also to present their ideas to potential new partners. This is the first SULA, and we are aiming to continue and expand the event in the coming years”, says Kai Huotari, the managing director of Cable Factory.
SULA melts together a traditional business conference, pitching competition and advisory/financing services during one event, and is targeted to creative talents and businesses.
- Our goal is to create a similar forum for artistic, creative and culture talents as Slush, one of the globally leading startup and technology events, is for the tech-people, states Huotari.
- SULA Clinic 11.10.2017 - Advisory clinique for creative businesses operating in Finland. Meetings are booked beforehand.
- SULA Conference 12.10.2017 at 10am-4pm
- SULA pitch 12.10.2017 at 10am-3pm - The 12 participants will be chosen according to their written applications.
- SULA Fair 12.10. 10am-4pm - Partners of SULA profile meeting and info points for participants of the event.
- TAKU Producer and Production of the Year - TAKU will give out the awards of Finnish Producer and Production of the year.
TAKU members can purchase tickets at 50 % discount: holvi.com/shop/SULA2017
The tickets include 11.10. clinic, 12.10. seminar programme, pitch competition programme, coffees and lunch.